• Dave R
    I know it is countdown to Terminator Time, but I was thinking out loud to myself and couldn't help myself. LOL Can we have BALO's in races filled with 1st timers? I'm assuming no or maybe there has to be a certain number of horses that have run in the race? Do we trend lightly in these races. I love these types of races because I think I have an advantage using pedigree number that most don't have. Another question for Dave, does Terminator have stats on the dams' babies? For instance, does it rank how her babies do 1st out, 2nd out, early speed, total speed, etc.? Guys I really think down the road we could build something that combines this stuff with the workout system Dave was talking about to great success. It could be so good that we could smack the whale's upside the head and they won't even want to feed in those waters! LOL
  • ponyplayer
    Aren't BALO's mostly predicated on pace?

If all are first-time-starters, none have a pace number
    to compare.

At least that is what I thought was said. Anyone else hear that?

re: "I know it is countdown to Terminator Time"
    Darn. Forgot Dave is on Pacific time. I could have sat
    here for another hour in my underwear before major
    reconstruction was necessary.
  • Dave R
    Yes that is what I was thinking too! How can you have a BALO if there is no pace to compare to? But you do have ranks and magnitudes to compare to I assume. Also, I believe Dave sort of likes to avoid these races, but they are my favorite races! LOL
  • ponyplayer
    I use JCapper and it makes up a pace figure. I've
    never looked at it carefully to check its accuracy.

Is it something created out of nothing? Maybe workouts
    or other siblings or pedigree?

I skip most all races where most starters have less than 3 starts.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment