• Dave Schwartz
    I'd like to discuss a call I got today from the most interesting AI bot.

This bot call tells me just how scary things are about to be in the world.

I shall withhold the name of the company as it was a SPAM call and I do not encourage such things.

This question is the reason for my post.

I have great interest in two related things:
    1) Incoming calls
    2) A bot as a Virtual Assistant who does Customer Care.
    Truth: I have zero interest in outgoing calls.

Came in on one of our public landlines. We get many SPAM calls, so I usually let voicemail answer.

However, the incoming ID said "Boston NY" which struck me as funny so I answered as I always do: "Horse Racing."

Feminine voice responds, "Horse racing? That sounds interesting. What do you actually do?"

I am generally not kind to SPAM callers and said, "You have 8 seconds to tell me who you are and why you're calling."

She responded by saying, "Whoa! Okay, I'll make it quick. I'm _______ from XYZ Company and I am an AI voice who..."

She proceeded to engage with me in the most humanoid conversation I have ever had with a bot.

Despite my resistance, she worked to fight off objections, but I would have none of it.

When I asked her if I had signed up on her site she said, "No," to which I replied, "So you are a SPAM Caller," and she said she wasn't and tried to explain what she was doing.

When I said "Never call me again," she politely said, "We will never call you again."
    My take on the experience - Yes, I could tell that it was an AI voice, but not because it was too canned, but because the confidence level of the voice was like a forceful business exec rather than an underling making outgoing sales calls.

That is a pretty subtle complaint, but it is all I've got to complain about. Other than that, this could have easily been a real person.
  • ponyplayer
    WOW!!

AI is becoming frightening with how good it is getting.

Next thing you know, someone will be taking the
    technology over to betting on the horses.

Then you really need to be scared!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet