• Ed Malz
    The first video repeats itself after the stop in the middle.
  • Ed Malz
    I am impressed that after all these videos, I still understand what is going on. I just never understood HSH when I was using it, I am not a computer person, but this seems easy to do.
  • ponyplayer
    Intro is -00.
    Tam01 is -02.
    KEE03 is -03.
    Kee07 is -05.
    No -01? No -04? More coming?

Some of "our" obsessive-compulsive shows through.
    Guess you're not the only one.
  • Dave Schwartz
    The links are correct.
    The host is down.
    Second time this week.
  • Dave Schwartz
    The host is back up.
  • Jim Pommier
    First, very good videos, easy to follow. Two questions.
    1. Maybe I missed it. Along the paceline, between o AIBH and o Pace E there's a bold red pace figure like "SR". I wasn't sure what that was for?
    2. Chaos races. I'm guessing that the AI ranks a Chaos "5" more chaotic than a "1"? In one of the races, you knew that it was a chaos race. Is that because there were two (2) contenders (2 Non-BALO's) or was there a field or something that indicated it was a chaos race? The Instruction or Strategy screen that you went to-- is that just for chaos races? It's a nice feature.
  • Dave Schwartz
    1. Maybe I missed it. Along the paceline, between o AIBH and o Pace E there's a bold red pace figure like "SR". I wasn't sure what that was for?Jim Pommier

SR stands for "Stretch Run."
    The RED SR means that is what the RUNNING STYLE of the race would indicate to be the most important OBJECT of the 4 objects.

Chaos races. I'm guessing that the AI ranks a Chaos "5" more chaotic than a "1"? In one of the races, you knew that it was a chaos race. Is that because there were two (2) contenders (2 Non-BALO's) or was there a field or something that indicated it was a chaos race? The Instruction or Strategy screen that you went to-- is that just for chaos races? It's a nice feature.

That is correct. The primary difference between a 4 and a 5 is that a 5 suggests doing no handicapping and just playing ALL the NATURAL ODDS horses.

With a CHAOS-4 you CAN handicap the winners to the top.

Note that applying handicapping in a CH-5 (and only betting the good ones) will get you a whole bunch of medium -priced winners --- and likely be solidly profitable --- but at the expense of the GIANT payoffs - like $0, $120 and the like.

Those horses just very rarely handicap to the top against horses that ultimately wind up paying $12.
  • Jim Pommier
    Back to the Red SR and Running Style. Trying to wrap my head around how it relates to the 4 objects. Or does it? I see in some of the race examples with a Red SR that it's a Green 2 or a Green 4. Green 2 being its 2nd most in agreement with the Projected Odds. Green 4 being in least agreement with the Projected Odds. So, while Red SR is the most important running style, when checked against the Projected Odds, it could be in or not in agreement? IOW, the IA firsts determine the Red SR, but then when checks the Projected Odds it determines which Pace Objects agrees or least agrees with the Odds?
  • Dave Schwartz
    They are two different approaches.
    The RED number is based upon RUNNING STYLE - and, by virtue of not being green, is NOT AI. It is a computation.

The GREEN numbers ARE AI because the AI used it's own approach to build the objects and its own algorithm to determine likeness (to the AI Line), albeit starting with a formula I gave it.
  • Mark
    Dave, Is there a reason why the odds show as 0.86 and not 4/5?
  • Dave Schwartz
    Because we want more accuracy.
  • Ken Fee
    Hi Dave, In Aqu Race 1 as you handicap there are no Balos as they qualified on all screens it looks like to me. How did you determine this was a Chaos race ? Was the reasoning for them being Balo because it was a chaos race ?
  • Ken Fee
    Ok watched the next video and seen the button that called Chaos 5. I missed it when you hit it on that Aqu 1. Was the reasoning for them being Balo because it was a chaos race ?
  • Dave Schwartz
    Ok watched the next video and seen the button that called Chaos 5. I missed it when you hit it on that Aqu 1. Was the reasoning for them being Balo because it was a chaos race ?Ken Fee

No.
    They are stand alone Handicapping Flips.
    IOW, a race cannot be a BALO race because it is a CHAOS race or vice-versa.

I do not recall the race from memory. What was the CHAOS number?
    0=No CHAOS
    1 to 3 = Specialized CHAOS
    4= CHAOS where the winner SHOULD be handicapped.
    5= CHAOS where the advantage is in NOT HANDICAPPING.
  • Ken Fee
    Was a Chaos 5
    Aqu Race 1
  • Dave Schwartz
    The race was CHAOS 5 most likely because there were too many horses in the AI LINE's top 88%.
    There can be other reasons but that is most common.
    (I seeded that reason in the AI, but it has the ability to modify it.)
  • Ken Fee
    Thanks- makes perfect sense- everything is very impressive
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube