• Dave R
    So far Dave has shown us two important angles that works on all tracks, distances, and surfaces. The are the BALO and the chaos angles. Dave has shown us how to get them, the power behind them, which will eventually sharpen our handicapping arsenal. Now my question to Dave is how many more of these types of angles will you be showing us through this onboarding process? Also, once we get the program do you expect us to discover more specific angles that work specifically for example only for specific, tracks, surfaces, distances, trainers, jocks, sires, etc.?

If this answer is yes, I expect that it will be vitally important that we all work together in order to maximize the power of the de Terminator. I can imagine that it will be difficult and time consuming to discover new angles but if we as a group can mesh different angles together it could be quite powerful, and it would be a pretty fun handicapping journey.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Now my question to Dave is how many more of these types of angles will you be showing us through this onboarding process?Dave R

First, I must take issue with the word "angles."
    That implies a set of rules that include track/surface/distance/etc. components.

These are concepts that can, with only minor variations in application, be applied across all races.

I understand that this idea of one-size-fits-all is very foreign to horseplayers because we are used to having to make sure that proper context is applied.

What we're doing is RIGGING THE GAME IN OUR FAVOR.

A number of times you've heard me refer to how the Whales handicap HORSES. That is, the HORSE is the entity in their database. Think of it sort of like saying, each factor has weights that are applied to each horse.

Basically, that means one large, global system.
    Emphasis: ONE global system.

deTERMINATOR AI creates and manages MANY situational systems.
    When I say, "Many" I mean HUNDREDS.

It's engine essentially DECIDES that this is a "type 143 race" or a "type 12" or whatever.

IOW, the CONTEXT is already applied!

But remember, that is not a trivial undertaking for them.

Think of it this way - they have a winning proposition NOW.
    We're just going to be 200 guys.
    That's TWO-HUNDRED PLAYERS who will be able to COMPETE with them.

Maybe 30 or 40 of you will go on to play on a professional level. Let's say that it's 40 guys, generating on average $250k per year. That's $10m profit.

Collectively, we do not even amount to a SINGLE NEW WHALE TEAM!.

Imagine that you have a thriving business - making 10s of millions per year. You will be very hesitant to just junk what the most important part of what you've been doing.

But guess how they will logically do that.
    They will integrate an existing package... like TensorFlow or similar.

Here's the thing... MY ENGINE IS BETTER.

What?
    Well, why wouldn't it be?
    It was DESIGNED to do one thing... UNDERSTAND and PROFIT FROM horse races.

There's a guy on PaceAdvantage who has often told me to just give up pretending that I am capable of stuff like this. LOL

Trust me. I am capable.

<More to come...>
  • Dave Schwartz
    Now my question to Dave is how many more of these types of angles will you be showing us through this onboarding process?Dave R

Back to the original question. LOL

I spent about an hour while I was waiting for a doctor appointment the other day dictating a list of creative Handicapping Flips, which is my word for them.

I came up with about FORTY of them!

The concept I derived from Laplace's work (1770s on celestial mechanics and the stability of the solar system) allowed me a rudimentary understanding of how many such FLIPS can be applied.

The number I came up with is THREE, and going beyond the second one does not offer near as much gain as the first two.

However, I am really good at visualizing the concepts and that's where the real payoff is found.
    If this answer is yes, I expect that it will be vitally important that we all work together in order to maximize the power of the de Terminator. I can imagine that it will be difficult and time consuming to discover new angles but if we as a group can mesh different angles together it could be quite powerful, and it would be a pretty fun handicapping journey.Dave R

This should truly be a very small challenge.

However, I'm sure that COLLABORATION will be HUGE for almost all of you.

Remember... TWO-HUNDRED users maximum.

What you need is:
    1) A Core method of handicapping.
    2) A Handicapping Flip that adds new and powerful information.
    3) A second Handicapping Flip that adds new and powerful information.

The key to making it work is that 1,2 and 3 should not have a high correlation between them.

IOW, you can't do something like:
    1. Best speed rating in 90 days
    2. Best Speed rating ever.
    3. Best speed rating at today's surface/distance.

While this is an overly simplistic example, it illustrates the point. During a conversation decades ago with the very smart Dick Mitchell, he once referred to this as "FACTOR OVERLAP."
  • Jim Pommier
    I'm trying to put something together around the "What you need is:". You said you came up with about 40 Handicapping Flips. It's sounds like we can then pick two that we like that will fit with our core method of handicapping without any overlap? Can you please provide an example of 1 or 2 Handicapping Flips so I'm on the right track (visualize).

What you need is:
    1) A Core method of handicapping.
    2) A Handicapping Flip that adds new and powerful information.
    3) A second Handicapping Flip that adds new and powerful information.
  • Dave Schwartz
    I'm trying to put something together around the "What you need is:". You said you came up with about 40 Handicapping Flips. It's sounds like we can then pick two that we like that will fit with our core method of handicapping without any overlap? Can you please provide an example of 1 or 2 Handicapping Flips so I'm on the right track (visualize).Jim Pommier

Jim, this is a wonderful question.
    So excellent that it demands a quick video.
    Let me see if I can't record one tomorrow.
  • Jim Pommier
    Thank you. In the other thread, Jim Parker talked about HSH Objects (now will be Reports). Could you also please provide a sample HSH Object with say 1, 2, 3 factors. Nothing fancy. This will help me visualize what those are all about as well.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Thank you. In the other thread, Jim Parker talked about HSH Objects (now will be Reports). Could you also please provide a sample HSH Object with say 1, 2, 3 factors. Nothing fancy. This will help me visualize what those are all about as well.Jim Pommier

If I work on this now instead of during the onboarding, I wind up doing it twice.

Seems like a better use of resources if I stay the development course.
  • Jim Pommier
    Yes, I agree. Let's work on this during the onboarding. CritDev and fixing bugs is much more important right now.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Not so fast...
    Had a thought.
    I'm actually working on making new reports TODAY.
    How about I go LIVE later today and record impromptu while I create?

I'll post the time ASAP.
  • ponyplayer
    Can anyone watch or is it invitation only?
  • Dave Schwartz
    Of course!
    I’ll post it on DET videos
  • Dave R
    Damn I have obligations today, but I will watch the replay!
  • Dave Schwartz
    I'll give everyone at least an hour warning.
    Thinking like 2:30 or so.
  • Jim Pommier
    2:30pm West coast would be 4:30pm for me Central. I'll be available.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Check out the video list for the Zoom Link
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.