• Dave R
    How about a section in here where we can post handicapping selections for the day. I think it could be really helpful to our group. We could even describe how we came up with our picks. Would make for some interesting discussions and I believe it would help us learn from one another!
  • Jim Pommier
    Yes, I like that idea. You and others have some unique core methods of handicapping using other software, horses to watch, watching video replays and "connection" horses. Some methods quite frankly-- I've never had any real success. Maybe learning a few new tweaks here and there will help us all.
  • john g
    That would be great!
  • Dave Schwartz
    I'd like to suggest that this is NOT the time for you guys to be changing what you are doing.

Add this little mantra - just for the next week or so:

1mu8sg4covursaqd.png
  • Dave R
    Dave, got ya we will save it for a later date!
  • Dean millward
    Follow the process it will vome
  • Neal Freedman
    Hi Guys:

In today's meeting where Dave emphasized (via the Monty Hall problem) using a non-AI contender selection process, I recalled that I have spent several years away from handicapping and therefore really did not have a "core process". (Although I find that what we did today using the whales option intriguing).
    Does anybody have any ideas for me finding a "core process".

Thank you in advance.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Start with how you want to bet, how many contenders you want, and an understanding of the scope of play.
  • Jim Michalak
    using fave angle and 3 deT contenders in following race leads to a $2 $262 daily double!

r1 finger lakes: initial contenders were the 2,5,6. 2 was a balo and 5 was an f. so i liked the 6. this is where my favorite angle came in. day of the race jockey switch on the 7 to andrew worrie who was #2 in the standings only 1 win behind the leader, keibar coa. the 7 was also an a+ and a magnitude 2 horse.
    so my bets were 6 and 7 to win, 7 to place as well since its' gate odds were 32/1. the double play was 6,7/1,3,6. for the x 6,7/all.

r2 finger lakes: my contenders were the 1,3,6. 1 was an f under best horse and thinking post race i probably should not have included it. the 6 was a balo but was a b+ under best horse. as a group we still seem to be determining when balos should be completely eliminated from the win position.

results: r1 the 7 won and paid $67 and $23.50 to place. the 7/5 x paid $113.75.

results: r2 6/3/1/2 6 won and paid $8.20. as previously noted the double paid $262.

notes: thanks to jimmy p. for asking a great question last night about how to easily and quickly find contenders. thanks to dave s. for a great answer!

usually the way i identify day of the race jock changes is to look them under equibase's track's race changes for the day. i did that today but none were listed for r1. however when i went to the track feed, it was listed on the crawl at the bottom of the page for race changes. so please be aware of that.

dave r. the "ram" please feel free to share some more of your winning stories. i found the first day 15K post and later wins of yours very inspiring!
  • Dave R
    Great job Jim! Love the Jocky switch angle!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.