• Jim Michalak
    2 early chaos 5 bombs. r1 at parx paid $46.20. r2 at del paid $39.20. both were natural odds horses. both races the balo finished second for real nice exactas.
  • Jim Michalak
    r1 at parx, the winner, the 9 had a race day jockey switch to 2nd leading rider eliseo ruiz as well.
  • Jim Pommier
    I saw those. Unfortunately I was on one of the other bombs. Still a couple more C5's today.
  • Jim Michalak
    jim p. i am surprised you missed those. they were natural odds races. still, best of luck on your other races! :smile:
  • Neal Freedman
    Hi Jim M:

Quick Question: I was looking at the del02 race and given the large field size there were quite a few above natural odds. How did you decide which ones to bet (or did you bet them all, which would still result in a profit)?

Thanks in advance.
  • Jim Michalak
    neal; i was just tracking but i would have bet all 6 for a cost of $12. certainly in this case the payout of $39 justified it. as for parx you most probably correctly figured that i liked the 9 because of the jock switch. it also was an a+ horse. if i was actually betting i would have played the p3 as well as win bets. 4 versions. 9/5/4. 1,2,5,8,9/5/4. 9/5/1,3,4. 1,2,5,8,9/5/1,3,4. the 5 in r2 was not a balo and the strongest candidate in my opinion. in r3, the 1, 3 and 4 all had jock switches but i liked the 4 the best as eliseo ruiz is #2 in victories to only the dominant mychael sanchez. i would have played the straight 9/5/4 for 5 or $10 and the rest for a buck.
  • Dave R
    I'm thinking if your betting DD Pic3, Pic4, Pic5 just take all in Chaos 5 races and it might be your money ticket. Thoughts?
  • Jim Pommier
    Not sure. Today at IND-- C5's R1 $5.20 and R3 $4.20. Low payouts plus a difficult to handicap R2 $45.40 winner who was last in aML and PSR. The R3 and R4 double paid $6.10.
    PRX had very nice payouts so far-- $17.00, $7.20, $18.60, $19.20 and $13.00. But, 5 out of the last 6 races at PRX were C5's-- so going all is not reasonable.
    I think you could look at all's when one of the connecting races is a BALO where you can throw out the low price favorite and hook up 1-2 contenders with an all C5.
    Otherwise look at Ken's strategy, or something like it, where you narrow the contenders down to two price horses. If you're unable to get to two price horses or there's what looks like an unbeatable 3-5 horse-- then simply pass the race. There's enough C5's so that you can move on to the next one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.