• Ken Fee
    One other point. I do not handicap all the races before scratches. I did this because I wanted to share something that could be followed along with but not have to worry about posting and handicapping. Whenever you are handicapping it should be your only focus. Not getting a drink or making lunch or chatting about a vacation. The process I laid out above can be done in under 3 minutes (even if you aren't comfortable in the program yet). Then the odds board and your AI BH are where you need to put your attention. The higher the odds the less concern you need to have about odds change. When they are 3 or 4 to1 need to make up your mind as late as possible if you want to bet or switch a horse out. Everyone is different so take whatever you want out of this discussion
  • Jim Parker
    Ken, I've got another question for you, Up at the very beginning of your process you say that the night before or whenever you run thru all of the races that your considering looking for Chaos5 races, and then you make note of just those races, then the next day after scratches are up you do it again only on those races marked from the night before. I did just that for today's races and it changed quite a bit, many of the original races from the night before, now weren't Chaos5 races, are you seeing the same thing, if so then a person could just wait until the scratches have been published and go thru the process, what do you think about this ??
  • Ken Fee
    Hi Jim, I work so I'm forced to do some the night before. As far as I can see though every race I posted is still a Chaos 5. If you want to wait until after the scratches are posted seems like a reasonable approach. The races I have posted pretty much all stayed Chaos 5, so I'm happy to stay with what I have.
  • Ken Fee
    Race Report
    Session Race Bet Return Rebate Refunds Won Today
    ***** 7/07/24*****
    1 WO 02 20 77.35 57.35 57+
    2 LRL05 57+
    3 LRL07 20 37+
    4 WO 05 20 48.95 28.95 66+
    5 ELP07 20 67.12 47.12 113+
    6 AQU08 20 93+
    7 ELP09 20 73+
    8 WO 09 20 53+

Not the best of days but still a positive outcome.
  • Ken Fee
    Today's Races 7/8/24. I don't normally play Del and I will NOT be betting it, but Parx had only 2 races that I am interested in.
    Parx Race 1
    Del Race 2
    Del Race 4
    Del Race 6
    Del Race 7
    Del Race 8
    Parx Race 9

Will post Contenders and bets after scratches. Once again all bets aren't finalized until I see the odds. Anything below 3/1 will be either a pass race or choosing a different contender. If there is an odds on horse that is not a BALO I will usually just pass.
  • Dave R
    I'm confused because you mentioned you use only chaos 5 races and I thought AI does not handicap any Chaos 5 races?
  • Dave Schwartz
    @Dave R
    It does.

It’s ME who isn’t sure about doing that; not the software.
  • Dave R

First step: I go through the tracks I play and open each race. If the AI won't play it neither will I.
    Second step: I hit AI HCP and then open the AI Race and only play Chaos 5 races.
    These steps are done the night before or early in the morning, so that I'm fresh for the first race I play and approach it without feeling rushed or any anticipation.

So, if I'm reading your comments correctly there are some chaos 5 races where you do not get the error message that reads "The Engine Declines to handicap this race"?
  • john g
    I've come across quite a few chaos 5 races that the AI will handicap.
  • Dave Schwartz
    So, if I'm reading your comments correctly there are some chaos 5 races where you do not get the error message that reads "The Engine Declines to handicap this race"?Dave R

The AI declines fields less than 4 and maidens on the turf.

There just aren't that many of those.

After we get some bugs nailed, I'll force the AI to handicap those after the warning.
  • Ken Fee
    Hi Dave R. Unlike Dave I don't handicap all tracks so maybe I don't come across any of the races that you see that AI doesn't handicap. I play the Chaos 5 that do get handicapped by the AI. Today at Parx there were 2 races. Parx race 2- using the outlined method I was on the 3,6. 3 won and paid 17.00. Parx 5 and the BALO won, and I lost. If you are looking for many races to play, then this isn't for you. I prefer fewer races but those I play I hope to have an advantage and the odds in my favor. I have tried to give examples-actually I gave races I played. If you opened them, you would find that they are Chaos 5 and most definitely are handicapped.
  • Ken Fee
    Dave R today is 7/10/24 and there are two Parx races I am looking at, Parx 5 and Parx 7. I will try to post contenders after the scratches. Please note these are Chaos 5 and can be handicapped by the AI.
  • Ken Fee
    Too many FTS for me to play those races. Have a great day all.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.