• Chuck
    Just curious as to the different criteria people use in their assessments of Early, Early Presser, Presser, Sustained. The reason I ask in terms of Q. as I use Jim Cramer's idea that E is on the lead 1st call, so when I assest the final time of the race and how the flow went I only Use (E) if the horse goes wire to wire, that includes if he falls back to 2nd or third a couple lengths and then rallies back to win the race being on the lead in the last two calls. Mr. Pizzolla called this a SGAL or Stretch Gain After Loss.

Jim Cramer, now I have stuck to E EP P S when assessing my final par. Jim Cramer added Presser Sustained or when I horse had taken the lead at last call or within a length (if I am correct)
    So in his way of analysing speed, I am write to say first call if horse is a head, nose or 1/2 length with lead at the first call is this an EP. if he takes the lead at the 2nd call and wins on the lead. Brohammer called that an E because he did not use EP rating. he only used E, P, and S. Just wondering if in assessment, am I correct?
  • Chuck
    Sorry Cramer calls it a Presser Sustained at the stretch call
  • Dave Schwartz
    I really like Jim Cramer's work on this stuff.
    Found it quite revolutionary.

My adaptation of it is to ask a question:
    "When did the horse first challenge for the lead?"
    "Challenge" is defined as being within one length.

What we call these really doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.
  • Chuck
    Yes.. I say without looking at video. if at the 1st call.. running line is 2nd by a head, he is still not in the lead...I use it as EP and this is me defining it in terms of past results of the winner. I am finding with this system... it is a horse wins wire to wire or challenges...is marked at the first call...All I can see is horses win in most situations are either E or the challenge or Sustained.. i.e. even though they are within 1-2 lengths at the stretch call, they still technically by the definition sustained horses.. So.. what I see with my pars I am seeing New York, Woodbine, Gulfstream, MTH. with the exception of Churchill, that in a 9 race card... etc.. is both surfices, more sustained bids than that 1st call on the lead.
  • Dave Schwartz
    I guess I answered a question that wasn't asked.
    Sorry.
  • Chuck
    Ok, Dave..its Chuck. So when a horse challenges for the lead. I am presuming that would be the actual point of call where he is in 2nd place or when he takes the lead that your "Object" or "Factor when determing a running style in Pace is when you would consider that horse in a race to be an E, EP, P, S. I will give you examples, so which I know this is mundane perhaps to you but as you know, I consider Brisnet in my humble opinon, I take issue with at times and boy when you look at results charts and go back to a horses running style they have put together in terms of their version Dr. Qurin. What the horse does in a race compares to his past running style are like "Night and Day"

So. I have a race in front of me, whereby (again, I am talking the winner of the race, not any horses in their finishing order) whereby he is 3rd (1/4 pole-1.5 BL's) 3rd (1/2 pole-1.5 BL's) 3rd (3/4 pole-2.5 BL's). Stretch call... moves into 2nd ( 2 BL's) Finish line wins by 2.5. Now Cramer would consider this Pressure Sustained... Brohammer would call this Sustained.. Qurin Sustained... in your objects or factors when you designed your function for this..what does your handicaping sucess spit that out in terms of R/S.? Hope you are great, hope we can zoom again when you have time just to talk etc.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Same way.
    He moved for the first time in the final furlong.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.