• Jim Michalak
    i would like to personally thank jimmy pommier for his excellent idea on how to track work outs since the horse's last (most recent) race. 3 monster hits over the last 2 days were the result. today, august 29, 2024 the 3rd race at horseshoe indy, in a maiden claimer, the 1 had a 98 work out rating, 8 points higher than the 3. the 3 and 7 were 1 1 f's and the 1 was next at 2 2 a+. the 1 was the choice and paid $32 to win. the 1/3 x paid $43.20. the 1 over the top contenders 3,5 and 7 had the tri and sf which paid $197.80 and $364.40 each for a $1 bet.

yesterday, august 28, 2024 the first 2 races at parx also led to monster work out hits and a $426.20 dd! r1, the 7 and the 4 were the 2 outstanding work out horse with scores of 96 and 94 respectively. the 8 and 5 were 1 1 a- but the 5 was a balo. the 4 was next at 2 2 a+. the 7 was also an a+ but a mag 4 horse. the 4 won and paid $54.60. the 3 got up for show and paid $7.80.

r2, at parx, there were only 2 work out horses, the 5, at 83, and the 2, at 69. the 6,1, and 2 were 1 1 horses but the 1 and 2 were balos and the 6 was an f. the 5 was a mag 4 but an a+. the 5 won and paid $35.80. the 5/6 x with the 6 being the fave paid $59.20 for a $1. the $1 tri, 5/6/2 paid $298.70! and as previously mentioned the dd paid $426.20 also for $1! both races at parx were claiming races.

and you deT guys thought i was just a one trick pony with the day of the race jockey switches!

thanks, jimmy!
  • ponyplayer
    So what did he tell you to do?? And how do you use it?

Time for the "Prince of Profit" to reveal!!!
  • Jim Michalak
    Create a report. Days since last race and days since last work out. When they are the same you know there are no new work outs since last race. When the work out days is less than the race days then you have a fresh work out. I will post the factors I used shortly as I am not currently on my laptop.
  • Jim Pommier
    224 Days - Days Since Last Race and 225 DaysWR - Days Since Last Race or WO. If the days are different, factor 225 days is less than factor 224, then you know the horse had a workout. 227 Work14 - (last 14 days) then gives you the WO rating if the WO was in the last 14 days. There's also 228 Work30 If you want to check workouts further out from today's race.
  • Jim Michalak
    factors 24 and 25. thanks for the clarification, jimmy. i was just going to do that myself. and factor 26 has best work out in last 8 days.
  • Dave Schwartz
    224 Days - Days Since Last Race and 225 DaysWR - Days Since Last Race or WO. If the days are different, factor 225 days is less than factor 224, then you know the horse had a workout. 227 Work14 - (last 14 days) then gives you the WO rating if the WO was in the last 14 days. There's also 228 Work30 If you want to check workouts further out from today's race.Jim Pommier

This is BRILLIANT!
    I completely forgot the logic that was possible with this!

It will be easy to add this factor!

Thank you!
  • ponyplayer
    If you have a slot left , you may want to include #415 -
    number of times on track in the last 30 days.
  • bob
    I am not getting it. What is this 225 and 224?
  • Jim Pommier
    Hello Bob. Rating #224 is Days - Days Since Last Race. Rating #225 is DaysWR - Days Since Last Race or WO. Example: If #224 is 43 means the horse last raced 43 days ago. If #225 is 6 that means the horse had a workout 6 days ago (since 6 days is less than 43). Then you know that the horse had a workout since the last race and you can check the Workout report(s). You can also add #415 - Number of times on track in the last 30 days. In the about example that would equal 2. Once for the race 43 days ago and once for the workout 6 days ago.
    If you need the Workout reports or have any other questions, let me know, happy to help.
  • bob
    Thanks, Jim. Yes I need the Work out reports
  • ponyplayer
    Bob -

I am not getting it. What is this 225 and 224?

Those are the factor numbers you would use to make the report.
    On the handicapping window, if you hit "Prog" 3 times, you get pre-made
    reports. You also have the ability to make up your own, There is an
    Excel spreadsheet with all of the factors you have available.

Message me through your and I'll help you with any questions.
    Or

You may want to join us Wednesday evening for our handicapping
    get-together. We'll get you up to speed real quick!!
  • bob
    I need the workout reports
  • Dave Schwartz
    I need the workout reportsbob

Please send me a private message detailing who you are so I can send them via email.
  • bob
    Sent you an email Dave. Have not received the workout reports yet

Bob
  • Dave Schwartz

That's because you did not tell me who you are beyond "Bob, a customer."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url